Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Do or Donut

hehehehe - I'm so clever.... do or do not (donut) get it? I'm hysterical.

I had to bribe my children to get them to go to Target with me this morning. I told them they could pick out any treat while we were there. I was hoping I could steer them toward something that I don't really like that much so that I wouldn't be tempted by the goodies. But it didn't quite work out as I planned. We came home with powdered donuts. I am not dying for a donut, but if they're in the house I'm gonna have a hard time not eating them. During naptime, when all the world (or at least my house) is quiet for a few precious minutes, it's hard to not indulge. I've worked hard that morning. Don't I deserve a donut if it will make me feel better? Those donuts will call to me.

But I won't hear. Because I'll be too busy doing situps and lifting hand weights. And after naptime, it's off to the gym for us. Where I will think of those donuts being smashed to death on the tread of the treadmill with each of my steps.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about enjoying the things that I love. I refuse to think of never eating a cookie again. I'll just not eat a dozen cookies. But donuts...I don't love donuts. So why waste my fat/calorie intake for the day on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment