Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Welcome to my Weight Loss Journey

I am starting this blog kind of as a journal of my weight loss. I don't expect it to be a popular, high-comment-receiving, thrilling blog. I expect it to help me stay motivated. I have limited time to loose weight right now before I plan on getting pregnant again. It's time to get serious!

Goals:
I currently weight 156.8. (That's right - I'm putting it out there for you to see.) My overall goal is to get back down to 130 (where I haven't been since my first baby was born, 5 years ago). But I'll be very, very happy if I can get down to 145 before I get pregnant again.

Reasons:
I want to feel good about my body again. I want to run after my children and not be exhausted. I want to feel the sense of accomplishment that comes with working hard and seeing results.

Trials:
Two weeks ago I was 10 weeks pregnant. I hadn't really exercised during those 10 weeks because of morning sickness. Then I miscarried. So getting back even to what I was 10 weeks ago is going to be hard (and slightly frustrating). I was at 152 before I got pregnant this last time.
I have three kids under 5. They are a bit of a ...shall we say, trial... in my weight loss journey. They suck away my energy, insist on snacking several times a day, beg for french fries and cookies, and take up a huge chunk of my time. But they also love to go play at the gym. So, some days they motivate me.
I actually really hate exercising. My body doesn't react to heat well and I tend to get close to fainting when working out. I have to be very careful about drinking almost nonstop as I exercise to prevent the fainting.

Assistance:
Well, this blog, of course.
I also belong to The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans, which is a great support network.
And my trusty gym membership.

If you want to know more about me personally, check out my family blog at worthfamily.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. It's been a month now! do you have any updates on your weight loss journey? Cheers,

    ReplyDelete